Table of Contents
- Personal Data We Collect
- Your Rights
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
- Data Security Precautions
- Transferring Your Information Outside of Europe
- Contact Us
The Comtek Group (“We”/ “we” or “us”) takes the security of your personal data very seriously and its data privacy practices are in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What data we collect
- How we use it
- How you can access it
- How to opt-out of data processing
This policy applies when you interact with the businesses of the Comtek Group, including:
- Comtek Network Systems (UK) Ltd
- Comtek Network Systems GmbH
- Comtek Communications BV
- Sorrento Networks
Or any of the Comtek Group’s websites (“website” / “Website”):
3. Personal Data We collect
We collect data so that we can provide you with the best possible service. You may provide some of this data directly or indirectly. We collect the following data:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or whilst using the chat function. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence (including email and phone conversations)
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, historical transactions and other information which you supply to us
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
Cookies are small files containing text that websites store on your computer to store user and visitor behaviour information.
Although you can disable cookies, some features on our website may not work on your device properly. For more information on this, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
3.2 Website Analytics
3.3 IP Addresses
IP addresses are unique numerical addresses that are assigned to entry points in your network, which might be your computer, a wired router to an office or your wireless router at home. These IP addresses are logged by our Apache Webserver software and are used only for the diagnosing of faults or determining the source of cyber security attacks e.g. hackers. They will never be passed to third parties, although law enforcement agencies to assist investigations is an exception to this.
We embed videos on our website from Vimeo and YouTube. They may use tracking cookies to track users, which are often used for keeping a history of videos watched, to provide future recommendations and to track the number of times a video has been watched.
Comtek has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. In order to seek out the best candidates for our employment opportunities, we need to process certain information about job seekers. We only ask for details that are genuinely necessary such as your name, contact details, education details, employment history, immigration status. This is asked for by way of a CV or completion of an application form.
You may choose to share other relevant information with us. Where appropriate and in accordance with laws and requirements, we may also collect information related to your health, or details of any criminal convictions. We will ask for references from your last employer if appropriate and one other referee.
If you are invited for an interview the notes of this meeting may be kept for six months in the case of an unsuccessful candidate. This is so that we may contact you in the future should possible suitable vacancies arise. If you do not want us to keep your personal data then please email the HR director at the email address below.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
At the end of the six-month period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed. You will be asked when you submit your CV whether you give us consent to hold your details for the full six months in order to be considered for other positions or not. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
4. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- And object to the processing of your data where Comtek is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com or request in writing at: Data Protection, Comtek Network Systems Ltd, Unit 108 Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2UA
- We will respond to your request within 30 days
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Comtek during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
The Comtek Group treats your privacy with the utmost importance. We will use the personal information gathered in our normal course of business primarily to provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes:
- To confirm identification when you contact us
- To keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- For credit assessment
- To review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts
- For statistical analysis, including automated techniques
- For record-keeping purposes
- For market research
- To track activity on our website
- To improve and monitor our customer service to you
- for the prevention of crime and fraud
6. Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
7. Data Security Precautions
When you supply us with your personal information, we ensure only those employees who need access to it can see it. Sensitive information such as credit and debit card information is encrypted and secured from “man-in-the-middle attacks” using 128-bit SSL. When you are on a secure page, a padlock icon will usually feature at the top of your browser.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to
the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Transferring Your Information Outside of Europe
The Comtek Group may transfer your data to countries outside the European Union (EU) to provide you with services. Any data transmitted outside of the EU is done so securely and in accordance with EU data protection laws.
9. Transferring Your Information Outside of Europe
In the event that you feel we have processed your information in such a way that does not meet GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
11. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing: Data Protection, Comtek Network Systems Ltd, Unit 108 Tenth Avenue, Zone 3 Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2UA